Saturday, December 23, 2006

As you're laughing at this fool

I am so tired - I've had four hours sleep and I've worked far more in the previous two weeks than I ever have for all my life prior. I think I may have mentioned (In one of the first few posts) that the worst part of my job was the cleaning - well I've had to do that 8 times in about a week (whereas I'd only done it once before this). I need some sleep.

Sunday (17/12): Arsenal vs Portsmouth 2-2. Arsenal was down 2-0 at one stage but came back in a two minute period about an hour in and the scores stayed the same for the remainder. I worked for 8 hours again today.

Monday (): Worked (8 hours). Ran. My dad is now officially retired - he had his retirement party tonight - I think he had his last work day on Sunday but I'm not sure (I'm too self-involved).

Tuesday (): Lunched with Saturn (no ladies this week). Surtr (New Character - guy from work, I've known him almost as long as I've worked there but there has been nothing to say) showed up - though we didn't plan it - and though this was a good thing it could have been better (If he hadn't chown up we - Saturn and myself - would have bought a couple young ladies drinks). That would have been interesting. Went and played poker (yes on a Tuesday - it was at a different venue) didn't do well. tried to bluff on the second hand of the night and lost most of my chips. I had 450 left going into the third hand and picked up a A/Q so I went all in was called (twice - but one guy only had 400 and a K/J Spades) by a pair of Q's. Nothing came up (for either of us) - the only positive is that we weren't the first out.

Wednesday (): Went Christmas shopping - well shopping at least, most of the stuff was for me. I got Audioslave - Out of Exile (and have been listening to it ever since - and nothing else), Dogma, Neon Genesis Evangelion (Manga) 7 (I now have 1-9 - I think thats all of them), socks, and gifts for my mum - Highlander and a box set of Warlock 2, and Warlock 3. Played poker. Did worse than the night before - sat out the first two hands and on the third I was big blind with 2/6 diamonds. I checked into the flop and a 2/3/6 of hearts came up. I bet 200 (or something similar) and only two players called (about five saw the flop). The turn came up with another heart, and I bet another 500, only one call this time. The river was a 9 of spades and I went all in. He called with an Ace of hearts. I was out first - I got a free drink for my troubles.

Thursday (Not Quite Christmas): Worked (7 hours). Was meant to play soccer, but due to a miscommunication didn't. I'm told that I'm not happy about this but it was about 38C so really I was fine with it (I watched Dogma instead). Exchanged gifts (or what was left of them). I got Steamboy and Garden State from my Mum (and Dad I guess), got a Foo Fighters DVD from K-Man (as well as a share in the Warhammer 40k and Cityfight Rulebooks).

Friday (): My dad left for his parents place this morning (in Ouyen - a 7 hour drive), where he will stay into the new year (did I tell you I got him 'Dune' for Christmas? - well I gave it to him about a week before (I didn't know when exactly he was leaving) and he's already finished it). I worked (8 hours) - Including some grocery duties. Find out that I get to work New Years Day (which I kinda wanted to do) even though my boss said I wouldn't be on Monday - I also find out I get to work Boxing Day too.

Saturday (23/12): Worked (8 hours) - with more grocey duties. Got comics (7) including Cable & Deadpool for K-Man (he didn't ask for it but I think he'd enjoy it). I been into the comic shop every day since Wednesday and kept getting told 'delayed until tomorrow' - Its all Chritmas' fault. Went to bed when I got home. March's birthday is today - but I didn't see her.

Sunday (3am): Arsenal vs Blackburn - halftime: 3-1.Work starts in 4 hours.

Final Thought: I will probably get paid more for the 29 hours I'm doing next week than the 38 hours I did (I do 8 hours today) this week (and the week before) simply because of the penalty rates on Boxing Day. I'm kind of ambivalent about it (money makes me happy - but I did a lot of work this week and got peanuts compared to next week where I will have very little work to do).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home