Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lives Are Broken

It is time for resolutions as the year ticks over into 2007 - and you know what, I don't care. I live okay - yes there are things I would like to change: Get a drivers licence, save up some money, go permanent full time at work, get promoted, get a car, move out of home, excercise on a more regular basis (twice a week sounds good). I guess they could count as resolutions but these are just future plans - I will not be that fussed if they don't happen in 2007, lets just say these are my resolutions and we'll see how I've done at the end of 2007.

'My World' News:
Wednesday (27/12): Lunch with Saturn. Found out nothing - he's very tight-lipped when he wants to be and I'm not going to try and force anything out of him. Failed to get comics. No poker this week (Returns on the 10th I think).

Thursday (): Worked - 6 Hours. Got Comics (11). No Soccer this week (Returns next week I think).

Friday (): Worked - 6 Hours. Ran. Went and met some of K-Man's friends (a 40K gaming group forms...). Played a game against K-Man. Highlights: Turn 2 - My Daemonettes emerge from the warp and charge alongside my Lieutenant - killing 3 on the charge for 2 losses. Turn 3 - My Lord charging against a Terminator Lord with a 6 man retinue (down to 4 at the time) alongside 3 Noise Marines - and winning combat. Turn 3/4 - My Havok squad doing more damage in combat than they ever did with their shooting (Against Plague Bearers and the Terminator Lord and his remaining retinue). Turn 4 - The Havok champion, after losing the rest of his squad, killing the Terminator Lord and his retinue champion with a powerfist. Turn 5 - Havok champion killing himself against a similarly armed opponent. The game ended at the end of Turn 5 with one man left standing on the board - K-Man's Lieutenant (He was the one hiding in squads and behind buildings until evryone else was dead). It ended up as a draw.

Saturday (): Worked - 6 Hours. The regional Meat Manager was in the store today (I work in the Meat Department - if you didn't know) and - according to the store manager - the department was looking the best he - the Meat Manager - had ever seen.

Sunday (New Years Eve - 31/12/2006): Sheffield United vs Arsenal - I wont get to see the end because of work. Will be working at least 6 hours today - and because I work again at 6am tomorrow I doubt I will do anything for NYE.

Final Thought: The end of a year is generally thought of as a time of reflection - but shouldn't we be reflecting on our past with constancy throughout the year? It would seemingly make us more aware of our deficits and strengths (and don't we do this anyway by what people cal 'experience'?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home