Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Just Armies Bored in Life

Sleep should have been on my list of things to do (this year) - more sleep - more regular sleep. You'll see why.

'My World' News:
Sunday (31/12/2006): Sheffield United 1 - Arsenal 0. Worked - 6 hours. Ran when I got home - tried to sleep before getting a call from K-Man to get me to go to Oberon's (New character) place for a night of 40K, Zorro and Romeo (Also new characters) were there - all these people I met on Friday. We played a carnage - My Eldar vs K-Man's Death Guard vs Zorro's 'Nids vs Oberon's Black Templars. First turn saw the Nids and Templars close in on each other and I shot at the Templars (killed one) forcing them to move closer to the Nids - The Death Guard did nothing this turn. Second turn saw more butchery of the Nids by the Templars, I shot up the death guard to no effect (one kill?) - and they had deamons emerge and shot my guardians to pieces, and charged my other squad of guardians who managed to hold the daemons in combat. Turn three - Black templars and Nids destroyed each other - the Emperors champion died to the Carnifex and one squad of Templars remained on the board edge, too far to claim the objective, The Nids had only the Carnifex left with a squad of returning termagents (that fail to stay on the board longer than a turn). I set my sights on the Death Guard - I fire everything into a seven man squad and reduce it to 2 men - my guardians hold in combat again.... until the Death Guard turn where they run screaming from the board - the two Death Guard in left from my fire decide to get revenge - by charging against four guardians and butchering them - consolidating into the Avatar. The last squad of Death Guard claim the objective. Turn four - the Carnifex charges into the squad on the objective.... adn survives a turn of combat. The Black Templars are ineffective. I charge the Death Guard with my Dire Avengers - They all die and my huge massacre move is only two inches - within charge range of the Plaguebearers.... and guess what? - they charge me. They kill two, I kill two. Now to the carnifex vs death guard - teh carnifex does nothing and the Death Guard Lieutenant kills it with his powerfist. Roll for random game length comes up a six - the game is over and the death guard won. We played another game later - a four way battle where the Nids were replaced by Romeo's Space Marines. This game wasn't as entertaining - the dreadnaughts laid waste to almost everything - the Death Guard Dreadnaught frenzied and ran into a black templar squad, eventually killing everything in it - including the Emperors Champion - and K-Man tried to ally with Oberon during the game. Oberons 2 Dreadnaughts faced off against the entirety of Romeos army (After I destroyed the scouts). My swooping hawks were ineffective and when the Death Guard jumped across at me I was unready for the conflict - my force was slaughtered (the Hawks remained) and when Oberon was eliminated the game kinda fell apart (it was almost 3am and I had to go home to prepare for work). The Death Guard clearly won the game.

Monday (1/1/2007): After the game I went home and when running for a tram I caught my hand on my iPod cable - I've done this before and the cable comes out of the iPod and the iPod pauses the song and thats about it. This time however the force of my hand agianst the cord pulled the iPod out of my shorts and it fell to the ground - I was lucky to notice it before I reached the tram (my hand went straight into my pocket so I could reconnect the headphones. I turned and started to retrace my steps - I found the iPod in about 2 minutes but I missed the tram - now my iPod has a dent where the 'hold' button is. Eventually I got home - and then proceeded to work without sleep (I started at 6am instead of the usual 7). I worked for six hours and almost fell asleep at the guillotine. I went home and slept. Until I got a call from Blur to go and see a movie - we went and saw 'The Valet' (La Doublure - it's French). After this I went home and ran into Corona (a girl from work - who Saturn and I lunched with - she brought along her friend Lunar to the lunch) on the train as she had just finished work. We seperated when I had reached my station - where I got coffee at the coffee shop K-Man works at. That kept me up until 1am Tueasday - I'd been awake since around 3:30am Sunday (I had a 2 hour nap in there) - I slept for the next 10 hours and it was good.

Tuesday (): Plans with Saturn fell through - he had to work. Did very little in the end.

Wednesday (7am): Arsenal vs Charlton.

Reviews:
The Valet (La Doublure): In twelve months time will be announced as the funniest film of 2007. 5/5.

Final Thought: My iPod still works but I'm thinking about getting some kind of protective cover for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger kluelesskamel said...

whoa, that sounds like a crazy time! i have a small army of dark eldar and a small space marine force, but i don't have a clue how the rules work!

plus i like the way you give code names to people. I should start doing that.

tis all

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home