Saturday, May 03, 2008

He Can't Help You.......

Neil Gaiman. Anyone who knows me knows I can read. And my favourite writer is Neil Gaiman. Luckily for me this week Mr Gaiman is here in Melbourne doing those writerry duties that make him so much money. This of course has made me impatient and I cannot wait (well maybe I can, but only because I can't find him now) to see him. Unfortunately from what I understand he is only making three appearances here, and I can't make it to two of them due to work (did I mention that I hate my job?) which means that in order to see him (and possibly get a book signed, like Kamel failed to do when he was in England) I have to wait until tomorrow (that's Monday) night and drag myself all the way out to Camberwell.

But I know I'm going to do it anyway - what else am I going to do?

Last Thursday I saw 'Iron Man'. It was a very well done film with winks to the conic at every turn - I will now spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't yet seen it - The 'ten rings' refers to the mandarin character who was going to be cast as the bad guy in the film before they decided to go for a more 'real world' approach. James Rhodes gives a nod as war machine when he helps Tony in his garage and the Mach II armour is just sitting there..... There is a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent trying to talk to Tony throughout the film and at the end tells Tony to refer to 'Iron Man' as a bodyguard. I saw it with Blur and liked it so much that I'll go and see it with K-Man early next week.

Hey, I can actually keep a normal schedule on this thing and tell slightly interesting tales. I only hope I can keep it up....

Baltasar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home