Monday, January 29, 2007

He'll Appear Out Of Nowhere

I must apologise for the long delay between posts but I do not think it was all my own fault. I usually update my blog when Arsenal are playing - this is because I can't actually watch the games on TV at the moment and have to sit in front of the computer to get live score updates and some kind of idea as to whats going on during the match. During the past two games there have been difficulties. During Tottenham vs Arsenal (at the start of the match) Blogspot itself was doing one of its repair things, and then during Arsenal vs Bolton my computer wouldn't connect to the internet. But I'm here now and hopefully its all better.

'My World' News:

Monday (22/1): There's not much I remember from this day. Arsenal 2 - Manchester United 1. I worked 6 hours and I enjoyed my 'Red Eye' more thas usual.And I hired out some movies - Apres Vous, Erik the Viking, some Julian Sands werewolf film and another film I can't remember (a comedy I think).

Tuesday (23/1): Not much happened today. I went and got myself a copy of Red Dwarf series 6 (to complement my purchase of Red Dwarf series 5 in the previous week). In the afternoon (for the second time this year and the second week in a row) I went running - yes my New Years Resolution of twice a week running was over after just one week but now I'm getting back on track (no pun intended).

Wednesday (): I went out in search of comics (delayed 'til Friday). After this I went to play soccer and what a game. Saturn didn't play this week (he had an 8 hr shift earlier in the day). Jupiter and 'Shooter' (new character) put us in the lead early with a goal each. But then I put a goal into the back of my own net, heading in a corner kick from the front post (past Jupiter funnily enough) and we were now only a goal ahead. But this mishap inspired me to make amends and score a goal at the other end of the pitch, and I did. I got an assist from Shooter and just dinked the ball in on the back post - it wasn't exactly the most glamorous goal but it put us back into a 2 goal lead. This match was made all the comical when another own goal sailed into the back of our net, when one of our players decided to chip the keeper (thinking to knock it out over the cross bar). After this unfortunate incident I was yet again found forward trying to give us back a 2 goal lead when I chipped the ball with my right foot (I'm left footed) around to defenders and straight towards the top corner of the goal - only for it to be saved and put out for a corner. Bastard. Red 3 - Blue 2. This was my fifth win in a row (At this venue I haven't even drawn) and my second goal in as many games. So from now on I'll tally those as well. 5 Wins: 0 Draws: 0 Losses: 2 Goals.

Thursday (): Didn't work this week. Tottenham 2 - Arsenal 2 in the Carling Cup semifinals. The winner of their match on Thursday 1 (Australian time) will go through to face Chelsea in the final. Went to see 'The Fountain' with Blur.

Friday (): Worked - 6 hours. Got comics (10), and paints (for my miniatures). After I arrived home I went for a run.

Saturday (): Worked - 6 hours, it was one of the produce guys last day (he hasn't featured before I don't think - though he did have lunch with me and Saturn around the start of the year - his name begins with S if that proves me wrong). Finished painting up my Rangers/Pathfinders - now I just need to base them and figure out how to post a picture of them on here when they are completed.

Sunday (): Worked - 6 hours. Slept for the soccer. And hired out movies - Phil The Alien, Willard, Head Of State, and Vampires: Out For Blood

Monday (): Arsenal 1 - Bolton 1. I didn't actually get to see the match but this result means that they will have to play again at Bolton's home ground to see who goes through to the next round of the FA cup. During the match I instead watched 'Phil The Alien'. I then went off to work for what I expected was a 6 hour day. It wasn't. I worked 6 hours in Meat (according to my contract) and then went on to work 3.5 hours in grocery (as an official 'Grocery Assistant'). And when I got home I went for a run.

Tuesday (today): Haven't done much so far - rolled out of bed at 11am and watched a little TV and such. I intend to have lunch with Saturn later but since he was off sick from work yesterday so I'm not exactly sure how thats going to go.

Reviews:
The Fountain: I really didn't like it. All the promotions went on about how it had a confusing storyline and was really hard to follow. This is not the case. It was easy to follow (the three different time periods) and instead of the storyline being confusing it was in fact incomplete, there were no connections between the time periods and the futile attempt to tie it together at the end was too little, too late. 2/5.

Final thought: The next post should be on Thursday morning during Arsenal vs Tottenham. At least I hope so.

Baltasar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home