Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I'm Right Beside You

Still in pain from Monday (at least I think it was Monday). I just hope I don't have to work another 9.5 hoour shift.

'My World' News:

Tuesday (30/1): Lunch with Saturn didn't happen and we rescheduled to Wednesday when it again didn't happen. Went for a run in the afternoon after Saturn Cancelled on me.

Wednesday (): Soccer! This week I played on the Blue team with both Jupiter and Saturn playing for the Reds. I didn't do as well with the bal as I have in previous weeks and all of my shots tended to look more like passes (they were almost all off target and fell near-to the feet of my teammates). But for all my inability the Blue team still managed to take the lead in just over an hour of play with a little tap-in goal. The game throughout was very close and I thought it was surprising that the Red team didn't manage to even it up (or score at any stage), but it seemed they lacked the finishing touch - as they seemed to like blasting away from range with their best shot flying off and hitting a cricketer in the head (they play on an adjacent oval). When the second goal was scored, in surprisingly similar circumstances to the first, it was hard to see the Red team coming back, and they didn't. Blue 2 - Red 0. Wins 5: Draws 0: Losses 0: Goals 2. Oh yeah, during the course of the game I got crushed about three times - twice by my own teammates - maybe thats why I'm still in pain...

Thursday (7am): Arsenal vs Tottenham (Carling Cup) started 15 minutes ago. Later I may be having lunch with Saturn (I doubt it), but I should be going to see 'Stranger Than Fiction' with Blur.

Final Thought: Okay I think I was wrong blaming Monday for the pain I currently feel - 9.5 hours work and a 5km run does not cause as much pain as getting fallen on during a soccer match on three seperate occasions. I think I may just relax for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home