Friday, September 22, 2006

Due to Technical Difficulties I Will Post This..........

I have sinned, it's been five days since my last post and I said it would be no more than four days between posts. I am sorry. But then again I keep saying I'm going to go for a run and thats been four months... so far...

Now updating 'My World' News:

Monday (...I got nothing): Worked. Finished Reading 'Shadow Puppets' (Orson Scott Card) and started reading 'Neverwhere' (Niel Gaiman). Watched 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' (Collection 8) before work and watched 'Howl's Moving Castle' After work (fell asleep during 'Howl's' - and not just once). I also got my degree today - It only took 8 months for the University to get it too me.

Tuesday (19/9): Watched 'Howl's Moving Castle' again - didn't fall asleep once.

Wednesday (): Did nothing of note.....

Thursday (The Big One): Got Comics (7 titles). Watched 'Talladega Nights'. Rented out Movies (Serving Sarah, Ghost In The Shell, Undead, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose). Watched 'Serving Sarah'. Went and saw 'Macbeth' with Blur. (Yes TWO cinematics in one day - boy am I tired).

Friday (22/9): Worked. Watched 'GITS' and 'Undead'.

Saturday (This Is It): Worked. WENT FOR A RUN. Yes it's true, I finally started running again (though whether or not I continue is a different story). It took me 28 minutes (+/- 1min) to complete a 5km (+/- 500m) course (this includes a 100m warmdown - walking). This is a good time, my best was just under 20min for the same distance and my worst was 30+ mins for a 4km course (which I did about this time last year after three years of inactivity).

Sunday (Back to the Future): Arsenal vs Sheffield United at Midnight (Result: Arsenal 3 : Sheffield United 0).


Reviews:

Talledega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby:
Funny, very funny. Not a serious film and easy to follow for those who do not follow Nascar. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 3.5/5

Macbeth:
It sucked don't bother. The nude scenes (whilst appreciated) were worthless as well as unnecessary, they felt unlinked - as if they had been put in just to push up the rating. 1/5.


Story: Part 3 (?)

After a long flight the hour it took to get to the House felt like nothing. I am excited, this is my first trip outside of America and I can't stop smiling. I arrive at the main building at just after four in the afternoon and can't help but stop and look at it. The brick walls peeking through a sea of ivy three storeys tall, and the walls seeming to extend beyond the horizon. To say looking at this house I felt small was an understatement, I felt unnecessary, like a single leaf of ivy noone would notice if it wasn't still there. Stop thinking, just go in and get the book. The foyer of the house is as impressive as the outside but I have a purpose, so I go to what appears to be a front desk to announce myself.
"Hello, I'm here to...." Trepidation echoed in my words.
"Name?" The clerk cuts me off.
"Anna Carres. I'm here to...." get cut off apparently.
"Take a seat and I'll get someone for you."
"But you don't even know why...."
"The Book." It appears she does know.
I slink away from the desk and slump myself into a chair. I don't know how long I waited but I must have fallen asleep.
"Anna?" I wake to a question from a tall gentleman with long flowing white hair, though he couldn't be more than forty.
"Um, yes thats me" I answer sleepily.
"Good. I am Henry Smith. Please follow me."
He walks away with pace and power in a long dark coat that hides his gaunt figure. I am still sleepy and forget to follow him and need to run to catch him.
"So, where are we going?" I ask so I don't have to endure an uncomfortable silence.
"The Library"


Final thought: Don't worry there is no way I would become as lax in updating this as I have become about my health - I will update this in less than four month increments I PROMISE you.

Final Thought (Part Deux): I was reading the soccer results and saw a story entitled 'Given to leave hospital after horror injury' so I decided to read it (me being a big fan of horror) - Given refers to Shay Given, a goalkeeper for Middlesbrough(?) and the horror injury - a bowel rupture, now that is a true sports injury - come on the guy can't even gloat about it thats got to suck (I'm really sorry if you're trying to eat but this had to be revealed - sports injuries (he got this due to an on-field collision) aren't all battle scars to be proud of and show off to your friends).

1 Comments:

Blogger kluelesskamel said...

hey how's it going?

the story is coming along a bit, which is good to see. I'm not artsy enough to really know if it's any good or not tho.

On the topic of writing, neil gaiman is going to appear at a book discussion thingo at a venue about 5 mins walk from my accommodation on monday! I'll hopefully be able to go and check it out and see the awesome writer in person!!!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home