Thursday, October 26, 2006

Anonymous

I believe that music should instill emotion. I was thinking about this today and how I relate music to times in my life or people I know (times - REMs 'Everybody Hurts' when I got my exam results (I failed a subject), people Blur introduced me to Air and Phoenix). Most of my music collection has been acknowledged in this blog, so some of you would know the styles of music I listen to. I don't like the terminology of music simply because people can use 'pop' as a cover-all for just about everything or they can get ultra-specific about it (generally describing what they listen to). I like to think that I generally LIKE music (as a whole), this of course isn't true as I have no appreciation of rap music, its just when people pigeonhole it and don't see it as a whole that annoys me. And now I'm ranting - well I'm sure you get the point so I'll get on with this.....


On to 'My World' News:

Wednesday (yesterday): Arsenal defeated West Brom 0-2 (Arsenal was playing away) in the Carling Cup and move into the final 16. I went to work just after the second half started and missed Arsenal's second goal by less than a minute (Jeremie Aliadiere scored both goals). At work a manager said something along the lines of me being obnoxious and loud. My response - 'I'm not loud' - it wasn't until after I said it that I realised I was saying that I am obnoxious (or at least not denying it). Went looking for comics - the comic shop (employees) didn't know when they were coming in. Got some CDs (Jeff Buckley - Mystery White Boy, Nirvana - (self titled I think), Air - The Virgin Suicides (soundtrack)). Hired movies out - Sorority Boys, Criminal, Who is Cletis Tout, and The Machinist.

Thursday (today): Bought myself an iPod (nano) 4Gb. Watched 'Trust the Man'. Watched 'Criminal'.

Reviews:
Trust the Man:
I couldn't get into this film. When I see a film I want to be enthralled - to be thinking only of what is happening on screen and how it relates to the story so far and the consequences to whats still to come. I didn't get this here. Generally, if I look at my watch it's a bad sign, I did that about five or six times. 2/5.

Final Thought: I don't like people not signing their comments (apparently I don't like a lot of things today) - I would appreciate it if any readers who wish to post a comment sign it. i can understand that not everyone is willing to sign their comments but I want to understand how many anonomi (that is not a word - you don't need to comment on it) there are so if you do want to stay anonymous use a number - and continue to use that number in any other responses you have so that I can understand who (compared to other anonymous writers) I'm responding to.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll take the number 41613

8:35 AM  
Blogger kluelesskamel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:53 AM  
Blogger kluelesskamel said...

I'll take the number 41614

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll take pi

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ILL TAKE THE NO 01189990118919192253

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home